HAPN Religion Mountain Presentation
by Dr. Joseph Green
Religion Mountain Prayer Points
Apostle Joseph L. Green Jr., HAPN Religion Mountain Leader
Prayers for the Religion Mountain
1 Corinthians 10:11 Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.
It is important that we understand that it is the word of God, the more sure word of prophecy, that has been given to us to help us navigate and to live in the world that we are currently living in. It is the church that has been given the task of functioning as the watchmen on the wall to warn the world regarding the impending danger that exists in the last days. It is the job of the church (the ecclesia), to resist evil and to illuminate the strategies of the evil one so that people do not fall victim to them.
We must stand in the gap as intercessors between the world and the anti-Christ and to provide hope, discernment, and truth in the age of darkness.
As those that occupy the religion mountain, I believe that these are some prayer points to focus on:
1. John 17:14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Let us pray against the worldliness of the church. The world has infiltrated the church to such a great extent that there is extraordinarily little difference between what is Holy and what is profane. Many in the church have taken on the ways of the world and have allowed the world to influence the church instead of the church influencing the world. We need to pray that the church return to its Matthew 5 identity of the salt and the light of the world as Jesus commanded us to be.
2. 2 Corinthians 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. Let us pray for the church to have opened eyes to what is happening in the world. Let us discern using the lens of the Bible and the illumination of the Holy Spirit. Let us block out the noise from mainstream media, the world of entertainment, and the wisdom of the rulers of this world. Let us have eyes to see and ears to hear what the Spirit of the Lord is saying in this hour.
3. 2 Timothy 4:1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. 5 As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. Let us be courageous and bold in professing the truth of the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Let us be unwavering in our evangelism, discipleship, and our stand against the wickedness of this world. We must also pray that the body of Christ be not concerned with their reputation and the mockery that comes with being a true witness of Jesus Christ. We must pray for the lost and be determined to win souls and create disciples for the body of Christ.
4. John 8:32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. We must pray that truth be revealed, and all of the deceptions and lies of the enemy be exposed. Let us put truth over feelings and love the lost enough to unapologetically stand for truth even when it is inconvenient. We must pray that truth shape our perception and allow that our minds be renewed and transformed by the word of God. We must not lean onto our own understanding but to acknowledge him in all ways so that He will direct our paths.
5. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Do not let anyone deceive you in any way. For that Day will not come unless a falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of destruction. Let us pray against the great falling away that happens in the church. Let us pray against the spirit of the anti-Christ and the great deception. Pray that the church hold to sound biblical doctrine and that all the false doctrines and false prophets be silenced in this time.